Trends emerging as state legislatures grapple with health care policy
State legislators in capitols across the country have introduced hundreds of bills on “surprise” billing, prescription price transparency, rural practice incentives, telemedicine and non-physician health service reimbursement. Proposed laws that urologists may be especially interested in may be viewed at: aacuweb.org/legislation.
- Cost-free vasectomy coverage mandate (See: Vasectomy scrutinized in contraception, scope of practice campaigns)
- Medical assistant administration of Botox (NV)
- Physician assistant utilization of fluoroscopic guidance (NY)
- Specialized medical liability courts (NJ, NY)
- Regulation of in-office referrals (CT, MD, PA)